Employee Resource Groups
Employee resource groups (ERGs) give voice to the diversity of our work force. They are an integral part of our culture and contribute to the success we are having in the area of inclusion. These groups support AEP’s values and goals, strengthen communication between AEP and its employees, provide a forum for exchanging new ideas and enhance the company’s desirability as a prospective employer. Currently, AEP has seven ERGs located at corporate headquarters and at satellite locations around the AEP system.
AEP’s Employee Resource Groups:
- Asian American Employee Partnership
- Hispanic Origin-Latin American (HOLA) Employee Resource Group
- African American Employee Resource Group
- Military Veterans Employee Resource Group
- AEP Pride Partnership (for lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) employees and their allies)
- Abled and Disabled Allies Partnering Together (ADAPT)
- Native American Employee Resource Group (NAERG)
Employee resource groups give voice to the diversity of our work force and support AEP’s values and goals.
Open to all employees, the ERGs sponsor programs and events focused on culture, education and personal and professional development. They are active community volunteers supporting efforts such as Project Mentor and Make a Difference Day. ERGs also play an active role in AEP’s diversity recruitment efforts.
One of the key factors that contribute to the success and growth of our ERGs is the support they receive from senior management. Each ERG has at least two senior leaders as executive sponsors who provide guidance and counsel to the groups’ mission and goals. In addition, the executive sponsors ensure the group has the right visibility within the organization.